CMOS Ripple-Carry Binary Counter/Devider
The CD4020 is a ripple-carry binary counter. All counter stages are master-slave flip flops. The state of a counter advances one count on the negative transition of each input pulse: a high level on the RESET line resets the counter to its all zeros state. Schmitt trigger action on the input-pulse line permits unlimited rise and fall times. All inputs and outputs are buffered.
- Medium-speed operation
- Fully static operation
- Buffered inputs and outputs
- 100% tested for quiescent current at 20 V
- Standardized, symmetrical output characteristics
- Common reset
- 5-V, 10-V, and 15-V parametric ratings
- The maximum input current of 1μA at 18 V over full package-temperature range; 100nA at 18 V and 25ºC
- Noise margin (over full package-temperature range):
1 V at VDD = 5V
2 V at VDD = 10V
2.5 V at VDD = 15V
- Meets all requirements of JEDEC Tentative Standard No. 13B, "Standard Specifications for Description of `B' Series CMOS Devices"
- This is a Thru-Hole Device
- Control counters
- Frequency dividers
- Time-delay circuits
- *Image shown is a representation only.