The Microchip Technology Inc. 24LC256 is a 256Kb (32K x 8) Serial Electrically Erasable PROM (EEPROM), capable of 2.5V to 5.5V operation. It has been developed for advanced, low-power applications such as personal communications or data acquisition. This device also has a page write capability of up to 64 bytes of data. This device is capable of both random and sequential reads up to the 256K boundary. Functional address lines allow up to eight devices on the same bus, for up to 2 Mbit address space. This device is available in the standard 8-pin plastic DIP, SOIC, TSSOP, MSOP and DFN packages.Additional Features
- Reliable EEPROM Memory
- Factory Programming Available
- Hardware Write-Protect Pin
- Page Write Time 5 ms Max.
- 64-Byte Page Write Buffer
- Self-Timed Erase/Write Cycle
- 32K x 8 (256Kbit)
- Low Power
- Operating voltage 2.5V to 5.5V
- Read current 400 uA, max.
- Standby current 1 uA, max.
- 2-Wire Serial Interface, I2C™ Compatible
- Cascadable up to Eight Devices
- Schmitt Trigger Inputs for Noise Suppression
- Output Slope Control to Eliminate Ground Bounce
- 100 kHz and 400 kHz Clock Compatible
- ESD Protection >4000V
- Pb-Free and RoHS Compliant
*Image shown is a representation only.